Flexitanks are cost effective solution to transporting and storing oils, liquid and dry non-hazardous cargoes. Flexitank is a bulk liquid container constructed of multiple layers of polyethylene with an outer covering of woven polypropylene with volume from 12 up to 26 thousand liters, for transportation of any non- hazardous liquids using the standard 20-foot sea or railway container. In other words, it converts a 20ft container from a dry goods carrier to a liquid carrier. It is fitted in an ocean container, providing a healthier and cost-effective alternative to shippers of bulk liquid products.
Flexitanks offer a dynamic, flexible, safe and cost- effective solution for all bulk liquid transport requirements. Because of various advantages Flexitank is quick to use and easy to setup. The advantages of Flexitank in oil industry are:
- It is more environment friendly by protecting the oil from external contamination during transportation compared to the bulk carriers.
- Flexitanks mean no need to pay for the return shipment of container and its cleaning since flexitank is a disposable tank, which must be disposed after use.
- Installation of the flexitank is inexpensive and hence cost effective therefore the final cost of the oil will be profitable for you.
- Compared to the transportation of oil in bottles or barrels, the flexitanks ensure minimal fluid loss during discharge. For one time one can carry more oil by 40-50% than when pouring in barrels and bottles.
- Unloading and loading of the oil in flexitank is faster by 2-3 times than in case of loading into the barrels or bottles. Flexitanks also offer easier operations handling and can be used for permanent or temporary storage.
The Indian food and transportation industry is poised for huge growth, increasing its contribution to world food trade every year. Indian market has emerged as a high-growth and high-profit sector due to its immense potential for value addition, particularly within the food and oil processing industry. Thus, in the export industry, Flexitank and its manufacturers in India are in huge demand with the demand in transportation, food and oil industry.
Flexitank manufacturers can customize flexitanks as per requirement to carry out the entire loading procedure in a desirable, professional and systematic manner. Increasing export from Asia Pacific and Europe has driven the global bulk packaging market. Bulk commodity transporters find it hard to ignore huge cost saving offered by flexible tanks as compared to traditional modes of transportation.
Increasing need for efficient, flexible storage and portability of liquids has considerably driven the global flexitanks market. Competitive advantages such as portability, foldability, and ease of setup have driven product demand to a whole new level in the global market. Economically as well as environmentally, shipping commodities in bulk have proven to be a better an easy option. The increasing popularity of bulk transport is expected to fuel the flexitanks market over the estimated period. Flexitanks offer a better and commercially economical solution to liquid bulk transportation needs.
The application of Flexitank for transporting and storing products for the oil and gas industry include:
- Oils like mineral, base, white, transformer, marine
- Lubricants and their additives
- Hydraulic fluid
- Transmission fluidS
- Glycols and glycerin
Type of the tank, its density and shape depends on the type of poured liquid. Special flexitanks of 24,000 liters are usually manufactured for transportation of seed oils. Tanks of such volume can withstand the pressure of the oil on the whole route and will not tear. It is always recommended to use flexitanks certified for sea transportation. However, a lot of care is taken with loading and unloading of a flexitank.
We appreciate your feedback and you can leave your comments on the blog below.
Contact Us: +91 484 237951 / +91-2662-305000