The transportation industry is a flourishing industry. On a day to day basis, there are countless items and materials that are shipped across the globe. A particular transportation arena that is gaining huge prominence is Bulk Liquid Transportation which was traditionally carried out using drums, ISO tanks and IBCs. However many people are now switching to flexitanks, as they consider the usual modes of transportation to be a costly affair and not so favourable to the environment. Thus the international logistics industry found its much needed economically friendly and cost effective way with the use of flexitanks.
Choosing flexitanks over other modes of transport:
Here are a few reasons why flexitanks emerge victorious over the standard methods of transporting bulk items:
1. Drums in comparison to flexitanks
- The largest capacity for a container consisting of drums is 16,000 liters. While the capacity of a flexitank is 24,000 liters. Based on this, you can safely conclude that on the same freight, a flexitank is perfectly able to contain 8000 liters extra than the drums.
- For a 20 foot container, 80 200-liter drums are considered to be its maximum potential. The packaging cost for each container is RMB 12000-16000, when calculated by 150-200 RMB for each drum. The cost of one flexitank is much lower compared to a group of drums altogether.
- Flexitanks can be more easily operated than drums.
2. ISO tanks in comparison to flexitanks
- While an ISO tank require you to pay rental charges, cleaning charges and return charges flexitanks as compared to ISO tanks are always accessible and are free of any charges.
- While the capacity of a flexitank is the same as an ISO tank, a 20 foot container is charged with a freight of a 24,000 L flexitank. This is much less against an ISO tank.
- Flexitanks are simpler to load and unload items. Since they are relatively smaller, they tend to be more flexible as compared to an ISO tank. What is more is that ISO tanks demand customers to bear a high cost of loading and discharging besides their supply and distribution are subject to various conditions that makes them quite cumbersome to use.
3. IBCs in comparison to flexitanks
- Flexitanks do not require the use of specialized technology and appliances to assist in the loading and unloading of bulk cargo. IBCs need auxiliary equipment when packaging/unpacking, which can be pretty time consuming, while flexitanks only need two people and half an hour to get the same work done.
- The cost of purchasing a flexitank is much lower as compared to IBCs. The packaging cost of one container, based on 1,200 RMB for each IBC is 21,600 RMB. Hence, the price of one flexitank is still cheaper than the collective price of 18 IBCs.
- While, the largest capacity for a 20 foot container with IBCs is 21,000 liters, for a flexitank the capacity is 24,000 liters.
These are only some of the reasons why international logistics is recognizing that making use of flexitanks have a greater advantage than the other methods of transporting bulk items. So try out our flexitanks for your business’ fluid transportation needs and you will wonder why you didn’t choose them before.