Flexitanks are living examples that show, as times change, loading and unloading methods in transportation have also improved by leaps and bounds. These bags are easily flexible and collapsible and can be used to transmit bulk items to and from places.
What are the bulk items that can be transported using flexitanks?
According to flexitank manufacturers in India, the reason why flexitanks have gained huge popularity over time is as a result of its ability to conveniently and economically transport non-hazardous liquids to nearby and faraway places. These items may be both for industrial use and human consumption. Some of the commonly transported items include:
|Juice concentrates and syrups||Wine||Water|
|Pharmaceuticals||Oils and fats||Malts|
|Food||Edible and animal oils||Food additives|
As quite a few of the liquid items tend to thicken out when kept at a low temperature or during storage, unloading the cargo effectively from the flexitank can get tedious. Flexitanks for such liquids are specially installed with heating pads. Before beginning the process of emptying the cargo, heating pads use steam or hot water to increase the temperature of the cargo.
Benefits of using flexitanks
Flexitanks are preferred because they are a convenient alternative to tank containers, drums, IBCs, railway or road tanks and other kinds of packaging materials. Key reasons why flexitanks are a growing favorite are mentioned here:
- Your cargo is delivered to your doorstep without intermediate overloads.
- Expenses incurred in transportation are seriously reduced. You will be saving around 20 to 30 per cent if you package your cargo by using flexitanks.
- Since flexitanks are disposable in nature, cleaning it up after the delivery of an item is not required.
- While transportation, the volume of the cargo will increase up to 30%, this is great when compared to the standard packaging of canisters and drums.
- You will be saving nearly 90 per cent of your time loading and unloading your cargo.
- The losses that are incurred, during the unloading process, is reduced.
- Using flexitanks itself for packing your cargo, saves up to 30-40%, when compared to the costs incurred with drums.
It is vital to take note, however, that hazardous cargo is not permitted for transportation. While only one flexitank in a container is given permission for, the flexitanks itself will be filled in 20’ DV containers only. Bulk liquid that is transported in flexitanks is more susceptible to leakages. This is why proper instructions and special approval need to be given for stuffing a container so that chances of a disaster are reduced or else, it may result in high maintenance and additional cleaning costs. Therefore, the containers that come with flexitanks should be considered as “special cargo” and all applicable procedures and guidelines should be strictly followed as mentioned by the COA.
Contact us regarding any further clarification about flexitanks or if you require this packaging for your transportation activities. We are a renowned flexitank manufacturer in India that knows its flexitanks well and we will guide you to make an informed choice.