There has been a rising trend in the shipping industry wherein flexible bladder bulk liquid transportation tanks are used for shipping non-hazardous products. Flexitanks are able to ship more than 60 non-hazardous items. There are many flexitank manufacturers in the market which shows the rising demand for flexible shipping solutions which can help in reducing costs.
The advantages of choosing flexitanks over other modes of transportation are:
- Suitable for products like additives, juice, wine, water and concentrates
- Made from fully recyclable material thus reducing environmental hazards
- They can be stored for layovers and intra-day delays
- They can be used for all bulk transportation methods including sea, road and rail
- They do not need to be returned to the original point or cleaned which reduces shipping costs
- Labour is reduced as compared to individual drums. A single flexitank can be delivered to its last destination or the contents can be transferred to tankers without any product loss
- They can convert rail containers and standard shipping in bulk liquid transportation tanks. This makes the shipping service readily available irrespective of season or current market demand
- It has 24,000 liters capacity. This helps in sending significant product amount in a standard 20 ft. shipping container. Flexitanks are ideal for storing liquids for bulk shipments at any scale
The disadvantage of flexitank is that it cannot carry hazardous cargo. It is an ideal solution for all other liquid shipments. The product is versatile, efficient and popular in the market. It helps in overcoming all the challenges present in the shipping industry today. The demand has led to many companies producing them. Many companies use flexitanks for liquid transport as it saves time and cost.