There are a number of users who tend to get confused regarding the selection of the flexitanks or Iso tanks for the purpose of transporting bulk liquids. The choice between the two depends completely upon the require and both of them have their own benefits. So, let us have a clear idea here about the selection of flexitanks or Iso tanks along with their benefits.
What is ISO Tank?
In Iso tank, the liner is generally made up of 316L stainless steel and most of them possess inert gas protection devices electric or steam heating devices, pressure relief devices or other equipment for the handling as well as transportation of liquids in bulk. The corners of the tanks are surrounded with frame with protection along with hoisting function. These tanks have the capacity of carrying 14300 litres to about 31000 litres or even more.
What is Flexitank?
Flexitank is actually a hermetically sealed container or a package for transporting bulk liquids. This is a soft package unlike the Iso tanks. It can be collapsed and is flexible like bladder bags which can be put in a container of 20 feet. Each of the container can be put exactly in a container of size 20 feet with a volume of about 14 to 24 cubic metres which in turn can store up to 24000 litres of liquid. These tanks are great replacement for the costly traditional containers like Iso tanks, cans and others.
Benefits of ISO Tanks
The benefits of Iso tanks are as follows.
- Economic Advantages: A 20 feet or 24000 litres container can accommodate about 45 percent more liquid than a standard 20 feet container. This means that the freight remains same but shipment is lot more thereby helping to reduce cost of land as well as sea transportation.
- Quick and Easy: The use of the Iso tanks is extremely easy and convenient. The time consumption of loading and unloading is on the lower side making the overall operation very simple.
- Security: Transportation of liquids offers great security by preventing any sorts of leakage or contamination.
Benefits of Flexitanks
The benefits of using the flexitanks are as mentioned below.
- Low Cost: The use of flexitanks involves the lowest cost as compared to any other options for bulk liquid transportation.
- Environment Friendly: The flexitanks are green and clean thereby good for the environment. These tanks help in the prevention of liquids from pollution.
- Extremely Convenient: The flexitanks are the easiest for operation. Loading and unloading is quite easy which involves nether a lot of time not a huge amount of effort.
- More Payload: These tanks offer about 40 percent more payload as compared to the drums or barrels with capacity ranging from 16000 litres to about 24000 litres.
- Low Labour Cost: The labour cost involved in the use and operation of the flexitanks is on the lower side which is highly beneficial.
Thus, it can be quite clearly understood that both the Iso tanks and the flexitanks are good for the transportation or shipping of liquids in bulk but the flexitanks have an edge over the Iso tanks which is the reason as to they are so much preferred.
Related Topic: Flexitank Or ISO Tank Containers For Build Liquid Transport
Why Choose Us?
At any point of time, you are searching for a flexitank container manufacturer, make sure you select an experienced and a reliable manufacturer. Rishi FIBC would certainly be one of the top choices in this regard. Being one of the most experienced flexitank manufacturer in the country is capable of catering to almost all the need of the users at its best without giving any one of the users even a single chance of complaining.