ISO Tank Vs. Flexitank – The Ideal Wine Transport Solution
Wine industry is one of the largest cross country moving liquid industries throughout the globe. The export and import of wine has large scale demand in many countries along with movement of wine from one location to the other within the country. In order to transport wine an ideal container solution is of extreme importance in order to ensure quality of the wine stays intact. It is because of this reason wine manufacturers focuses on usage of different barrels and containers for the transportation of their wine, with the yesteryears reflecting on usage of wooden barrel for storage and transportation of wine. However, with change in technology and introduction of different types of new containers the usage of wooden barrel for the purpose of transportation of wine has become almost extinct. Nowadays wine is mostly transported using an ISO tank or Flexitank in order to ensure timely and safe delivery which was a large hassle with the usage of wooden containers. In spite of the introduction of new generation of containers still organization’s dealing in wine production stays confused between usage of ISO and Flexitank based on which is an ideal solution for their requirement.
Let’s dig deep on a comparison between Flexi and ISO tank to see which one is an ideal solution for the transportation of wine.
ISO Tanks What it is
The ISO tank is a steel trailer that gets its name from the ISO standard. These tanks are intended for mass transportation of risky and non-hazardous fluids. A key distinctive element of an ISO tank from a Flexitank is that an ISO tank is made of treated steel. The inward mass of the tank is fixed with different defensive layers to forestall erosion of the steel and also contamination of the liquid by reacting with the steel.
Advantages of ISO Tank Usage
In relation to the ISO tank and its usage in the industry below are some of the major advantages that ISO tank provides during transportation:
- It has a casing made of tempered steel making it solid and ready to withstand outrageous pressure and damage.
- These tanks are exceptionally improbable to leak the item they’re moving a because of the strength of the actual container.
- An ISO tank does not require additional packaging material compared to a flexitank which needs to be stored in a standard shipping container when full.
- ISO tanks can be utilized in the transportation of both unsafe and non-hazardous fluids while Flexitanks must be utilized to move and non-hazardous fluids
Flexitanks What it is
Flexitanks are the latest iteration in the development of bulk liquid storage containers for non-hazardous liquids. A Flexitank is a mass fluid storage compartment whose walls comprise of different layers of polyethylene. The internal walls are made of adaptable polyethylene while the external walls are made of a more grounded joined material called polypropylene. Since the mass of a Flexitank is flexible, it makes sense that it requires an outside design to help it when it has been topped off with a fluid. By utilizing previously existing standard steel containers, Flexitanks are giving a more secure, better, and more savvy option in contrast to modified delivery big haulers for mass fluid transportation.
Advantage of Flexitank Usage
In relation to the Flexitank and its usage in the industry below are some of the major advantages that Flexitank provides during transportation:
- The Flexitank is ideal suitable for a range of products, ranging from water and wine to juice, additives, and concentrates.
- It is produced using materials that can be completely reused, decreasing ecological effect.
- Flexitanks are used to convert standard shipping and rail containers into bulk liquid transportation tanks. This means that shipping services are readily available no matter the season or current demand in the market.
- Like ISO tanks, Flexitanks can be put away for delays or intra-day delays.
- Flexitanks are appropriate for all techniques for mass transportation, including street, rail, and ocean.
- With limits up to 24,000 liters (6,340 gallons), it’s feasible to send a lot of item in a standard 20 ft. steel trailer. This makes Flexitanks the ideal type of holder fluid stockpiling for mass shipments of any scale.
- Flexitanks don’t need to be cleaned or returned to the point of origin, significantly reducing shipping costs.
- Labor is significantly reduced when compared to individual totes or drums. A single Flexitank can be delivered directly to its end-destination, or the contents can be transferred to vats, tankers, etc. with negligible product loss.
ISO or Flexitank which is Ideal for Wine Transportation
In the lights of different advantages of Flexitank and ISO tank it is clearly evident that Flexitank are ideal for wine transportation and it is majorly for the significant reasons highlighted below:
- It is non-reactive to organic items
- Made from environment friendly material
- Cost is cheaper
- Ideal for bulk transportation
- Lighter in weight with higher capacity in small range
- Optimizes inventory management
- Improves warehouse utilization
- Ideal storage container for longer period of time
These benefits and advantages showcased by Flexitank clearly highlight how it is an ideal utility for wine transportation.
Why Choose Fluid Flexitanks for Flexitanks?
Fluid Flexitanks manufactures’ premium quality Flexitanks that is ideally suited for storing and transportation of wine. The Flexitanks are manufactured by adhering to all the set standards so that none of the users get even a single chance to complain about our products. With several years of experience and expertise, Fluid Flexitanks is one of the industry leaders in manufacturing Flexitanks that can help you boost you wine business.