Flexitanks Is An Ideal Solution For Biodiesel Manufacturers
Since 2005 the biodiesel industry has seen outstanding growth along with rise in feedstock prices and increase in global competition. But with competition comes need to look towards newer technologies to enhance supply chains and lessen costs.
Flexitanks is one such solution that is ideal and should be looked into by players in the biodiesel industry.
Although flexitanks are not a ‘new’ technology but in recent years they have gained great momentum as bulk liquid transport method.
These are as the name suggest flexible, collapsible soft bladders that fit inside the standard 20ft container on being filled.
The advantages flexitanks has in concern of biodiesel manufacturers are:
- Flexitank is a cost efficient method. From the raw materials to the end products all can be transported with use of flexitanks in case of biodiesel. Potential cost efficiency is doubled.
- On installation fexitanks products can be loaded utilising connecting hose and pump (90mins- 2hrs) and promptly sent for transport. Similarly cargo can be discharged at destination. Transhipment, cleaning and storage are unnecessary due to one-time use nature of flexitanks. Supply chain is hence shortened, overall cost decreased and shipment reaches quicker.
- Shorter supply chains mean less risk
- Flexitanks are 100% recyclable.
- Flexitanks help to limit exposure to volatility of market and combat price fluctuation risks. Small quantity feedstock orders mean improved quality and less accumulation thus lowering risk of quality downgrade.
- Smaller end product shipment through flexitanks also indicate reachability to more customers and hence larger and diverse customer base (spreading out of risks). This means better turnover rates and more manufacturer control on cashflow with less dependence on finances.
- Flexibility of flexitanks is advantageous in sourcing feedstock from all around the world, with simultaneous ease in global transport of end product. They can be transported by sea, rail or road.
- The ready availability of flexitanks are a huge plus point in comparison to ISO Tanks that are limited.
- They are easy to set out and hence manufacturers may order feedstock according to need without involving need for storage and stocking.
- In equal measure manufacturers can respond quickly to customer’s demand for end product.