The international companies in order to be more competitive should come out with best ideas to cut down their cost with every approach. Thus, it is important for the companies to be unbiased for all possible solutions which might include the logistics needs as well. Most of the companies out there are always looking for various unconventional ways to save money with their shipments. For instance, in case a company is shipping non-hazardous liquid product flexi-tank containers are an excellent option to consider.
The Flexi-tank was developed by the U.S. military which was used primarily to store and transport diesel fuel and water. It is a mass liquid storage unit, prepared with numerous layers of polyethylene, with an external layer of woven polypropylene. As international commerce expanded, logisticians took benefit of this technology to transport any non-risky liquids by simply placing them in a standard dry container. It essentially changes an ocean container to a safer, healthier and cost-effective alternative for shippers. Flexitanks are extensively favored for food-grade products such as fruit concentrates, edible oil, beverages and non-perilous chemical transportation due to their high effectiveness along with superior defense against contamination.
Flexi-tank is a substitute to standard transportations such as railway, tank-containers, or drums, road tanks, IBCs and other way of transportation. When it comes to shipping bulk liquid there are quite a few factors that need to be taken care of. Business companies that ships bulk liquid experiences a lot of difficulties carrying out a shipment free of mistake. With the arrival of Flexi-tanks, it has certainly become a lot easier as it offers some great benefit which are as listed below.
- One can considerably reduce expenses of transportation. When compared with tank-container one will just pay for one way freight of the 20-feet container. There is no requirement to return container and pay for this.
- By using Flexi-tank as packaging for the cargo one can end up saving save not less than 30-40 % in comparison with cost of drums or other capacities.
- One can also save around 90 % of time for loading and unloading of the cargo.
- There is no need of cleaning the Flexi-tank after transportation as it is disposable.
- The material used in the manufacture of the flexi-tank is in fact cheaper than drums or other alternative packaging means.
- When compared to ISO tanks and drums, Flexitanks can carry increased volume of transportable liquid.
- The proportion of wastage is very low and there remains negligible or no residue after unloading.
All these phenomenal advantages of flexitanks clearly explain why Flexi-tanks are the most preferred option for shipping. Thus, it can be said that Flexi-tank is one of the most inventive and creative flexible containers that has been designed of late to carry liquid, fluid, foodstuffs and other such things. A flexitank can usually carry molasses, base oils, beer, wine, fruit juices, latex, glycerin, non-hazardous chemicals, egg products, water, oils, edible oils, bio-diesel, chemicals, non-dangerous pharmaceuticals as well as industrial products.