Flexitanks are one of the most demanded and widely used storage and transportation iteration throughout the world for liquid storage and transportation business. The demand for flexitank has gradually risen since the time of its invention around 1960. However in spite of these large scale demand often usage of flexitank pushes industries to face huge challenges. These challenges arise out of improper use of flexitank without understanding the process of applying the product for storage and transportation.
Let’s take a look at what flexitank is and the process that should be followed when using flexitanks for the purpose of storage and transportation of liquid.
What are Flexitanks?
Flexitanks are mass fluid storage compartment whose walls comprise of different layers of polymers. The internal walls are made of adaptable polyethylene while the external walls are made of a more grounded joined material called polypropylene. Flexitanks are the latest iteration developed, which are ideal for storage and transportation of different types of liquid. Further with the use of flexitanks it is also possible to transport bulk quantity of liquid at a single go.
Process of Using Flexitanks
In order to effectively use flexitanks and get the maximum benefit out of the product, below are few major steps that should be followed when using a flexitank:
- Cleaning the container – The first step towards preparing the flexitank is to open the container and give it a thorough clean. There should be no trace of dirt and dust in the container. If the container is not cleaned properly it could cause contamination. So, to ensure a hygienic and safe environment for the cargo it is vital to clean the container properly.
- Smoothen out rough edges – Any rough edges in the container can cause chaffing of the flexitanks. So, before you load the flexitanks it is important to cover any rough edges in the container. Once you have cleaned the flexitanks, feel the walls of the container using your hands to detect any rough spots. If you find any rough spots, carefully cover those using duct tapes. For the rough edges on the walls, you can use corrugation. This step helps to keep the flexitanks safe during the transport.
- Installation of Flexitanks – Proper care must be taken when installing flexitanks into a container, so that the flexitanks does not topple. This part should be handed over to professionals so that maximum precaution can be taken while installation, to protect the flexitanks from moving inside the container during the transportation process.
- Loading and Unloading Flexitank – Flexitanks should always be loaded using specific instruments that meet the need of flexitanks opening. This would prevent spillage and also stop the possible build of hydrodynamic energy. Similarly during the unloading process proper precaution should be taken to avoid spillage and should be unloaded using specialized instrument. If the liquid inside gets frozen or create sediments then heat pad should be used to ensure proper discharge of the liquid.
- Securing the latch – Once the flexitank is loaded proper care should be taken to secure the opening/latch of the flexitank, this will assist in avoiding spillage during transit.
- Attaching Heating Pads – This step is optional and depends on the type of liquid that has been transported using flexitank. Attaching flexitanks during transit provide flexibility to discharge liquids that creates sediments or gets frozen in the tank during transit.
- Placement of tray – When using flexitanks you can additionally place a tray below the tank to collect the liquid in case of any accidental leaks. This will help in collecting the liquid in the tray and prevent any further accident that may happen because of the liquid spillage.
- Seal the container welds – When preparing flexitank container you also need to take care of the welds. There are usually two welds on each of the sides and two on the front wall of the container. You can use duct tape to cover the corner welds. It is recommended that you apply the duct tape from the floor to around ¾ the height of the container wall. Sealing the rough welds helps to prevent the chafing of flexitank.
- Remove sharp objects – Carefully check the container floor to look for any screws, nails or any other sharp object that could puncture the flexitank. If any sharp objects are detected those need to be removed from the container immediately. Also, if you find any rough spots use the duct tape or corrugation to smoothen it out.
- Reject the container that does not meet the criteria – It is important that you carefully check the container and ensure it passes through all required safety standards before you load flexitanks. If you find that the container misses on the vital requirements, it is suggested that you reject the container and immediately go in for another one.
These are some major processes and steps that should be taken care of and applied when using a flexitank. This will allow your organization to enjoy the maximum benefit with the use of flexitank and the advantages it provides.
So if you are into business dealing in liquid storage and transportation and look forward to use flexitanks. You can get in touch with us.
Why Choose Us
Fluid Flexitanks manufactures’ premium quality flexitanks that are an exceptionally dependable and a more prudent arrangement when contrasted with customary sacks, drums, or ISO tanks. They are fit for all types of storage and transportation utility on a global scale, including ocean, land, and rail. Our Flexitanks are ideally suited for storing and transportation of liquids. At Fluid Flexitanks our flexitanks are manufactured by adhering to all the set standards so that none of the users get even a single chance to complain about our products. With several years of experience and expertise, Fluid Flexitanks is one of the industry leaders in manufacturing flexitanks that can help you boost your liquid business.